A couple of weeks ago, it was 104 degrees here, setting a record for the hottest July 22 ever recorded in New York City. It has been in the 80’s or 90’s nearly every day since the beginning of July. It’s certainly one of the hottest summers I can recall.
Perfect time to start thinking about winter!
Here are some of the tasks you can be taking care of now, to make sure you are prepared when the weather starts to change:
- Launder or dry clean all of your winter coats and jackets.
- Throw away any gloves that no longer have partners.
- Clean hats, scarves, and gloves.
- Check all of your winter gear for needed repairs, and take care of them now.
- Have your boots and winter shoes polished.
- Make up a donation bag of any winter stuff you know you are not going to wear anymore. Thrift shops will shortly be selling cold weather items, so this is the best time to donate them.
It will be 40 degrees before you know it!