What does a Professional Organizer do?
As a Professional Organizer, I will help you figure out what is truly important in your life and what isn’t. Whether your organizing issue is physical clutter, electronic clutter, or mental clutter, I will assist you in stripping away the excess — the possessions you no longer use, the memorabilia you no longer cherish, the activities you no longer enjoy — to reveal the life you should be leading right now.
What is a Certified Professional Organizer®?
Certification is the gold standard of the organizing industry. To obtain certification, an organizer must pass a rigorous exam and must have spent at least 1,500 hours with clients over three years. Fewer than 10% of the professional organizers in the New York City area are Certified Professional Organizers®.
What benefits will organizing give me?
- You will feel calmer and more in control of your life.
- You will be able to get the most important things done first.
- You will be able to locate things when you need them.
- You will save money by reducing your storage needs, eliminating redundant purchases, and avoiding late fees on your bills.
Will you make me throw everything away?
No! I will teach you organizing techniques that will enable you to decide what can be thrown away and what should be kept.
Why can’t I just organize myself?
- You never learned organizing skills.
- You can’t justify taking the time to organize when there are so many other pressing tasks.
- Your stuff has too much emotional context for you to tackle on your own.
- You associate being organized with inflexibility and lack of spontaneity.
- You are afraid that being organized will diminish your creativity.
Won’t organization stifle my creativity?
On the contrary. Once you have learned how to keep clutter at bay, you can free your mind of the minutiae of everyday life and can exercise your creativity without distractions.
What if I’m not the organized type?
Everybody can benefit from being more organized, even people who don’t view themselves as “the organized type”. I know that people have different styles, and that an alphabetized filing system will work for some but not for others. I will work closely with you to determine your style and design organizational systems that will feel natural to you.
Can a Professional Organizer organize me while I do other things?
Not usually. I need to understand what is important to you, what goals you want to achieve, how you want to spend your time, and what habits and distractions are getting in your way. In addition, an important result of working with me is the transfer of skills that will enable you to stay organized after I leave. This means that we will need to work together during most of your organizing sessions.
How do I get started?
For a free phone consultation, e-mail Organizing Goddess, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 510-7823.