We recently spent some time moving all of the furniture away from the wall so that we could vacuum behind it and dust the baseboards. Yikes! It has apparently been a long time since we did that.
I’ve decided that it would be helpful to make up a year-round maintenance calendar for my home. (Luckily I live in an apartment building, so I don’t need to include things that house-owners would need to do, like roof gutters and lawns!) Tasks will include:
- Vacuuming and dusting behind furniture
- Dusting ceiling fans
- Vacuuming bottoms of closets
- Cleaning windows and window screens
- Dry cleaning or laundering curtains
- Vacuuming the refrigerator vent
- Waxing wood furniture
- Vacuuming upholstered furniture.
My plan is to assign one of these tasks to the first weekend of each month. Have you organized your home maintenance tasks to ensure that they don’t get overlooked? Let me know what is working for you.